- Acted for a public listed company against a claim for breach of subscription and shareholders agreement. The company claimed that there was a breach arising out of the public listed company not being able to obtain shareholders’ approval for the subscription of the shares.
- Acted for a purchaser in a case of breach of contract and successfully obtained a mareva injunction and a committal order against the seller in the said suit.
- Advised overseas casino operator on the recoverability of a loan granted to its guest in its London casino.
- Acted for 2 individuals in a claim for breach of a joint-venture agreement and breach of trust relating to entitlements to shares in a listed company and the subsequent assessment of damages proceedings.
- Acted for a company suing ex-directors for breach of fiduciary duties.
- Acted for a bank in a claim by its customer for breach of safe deposit rental agreement.
Shareholders Dispute Litigation
- Acted as assisting instructing solicitor in a multi-jurisdiction shareholders’ dispute involving multiple separate suits and appeals to the Privy Council, the Federal Court, the Court of Appeal, the Singapore Court of Appeal and the Court of Appeal of the Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court.
- Acted for a company suing former director and trustee of the company for an account.
- Acted for a shareholder to invalidate a corporate restructuring exercise involving a transfer of shares from a director and substantial shareholder or person connected to him.
- Acted for a shareholder in a shareholders’ dispute in respect of a company with net assets in excess of RM 1,500,000,000.00.
- Acted for a public listed company to claim for balance purchase price of sale of shares to another public listed company.
- Acted for a public listed company against a claim for breach of subscription and shareholders’ agreement.